Accelerator Member Spotlight: Snacklins
Meet Samy, founder of Snacklins! Snacklins launched in 2017 and since then, has seen exponential growth and exciting milestones like appearing on Shark Tank, opening his own facility, and taking his brand national.
- Introduce yourself and tell us a little bit more about you. What is your passion behind your business? I am Samy Kobrosly, founder of Snacklins, and I F***ING LOVE SNACKS!! Plain and simple...
- Did you always know you wanted to start a food business?/What did you think you wanted to do professionally? I was a radio host on HOT 99.5 in my 20's soooooo no... But my passion for snacks started to slowly consume my life to the point that I couldn't see myself doing anything else, but being covered in food all day on a factory floor. Insert a quarter life crisis in the mix and BAM!! you have the perfect recipe for starting a food business
- Why did you start your business? Oh dang I think I answered that above... *see snack lover/quarter life crisis
- What did you do before starting your business? Dang, I probably should've read this through before I started answering it
- What convinced you to take the plunge? I made a joke bet with someone in a bar at like midnight about making this "vegan pork rind" and honestly I'm just a fan of a good life story, so figured I'd ride this joke for as long as possible.
- What do you like about food? I'm a huge mouth feel trollop when it comes to snacks. so texture is where I lean. But I also appreciate the fact that food has helped me survive for almost 36 years, wouldn't be here today without it!
- What drew you to the food industry? See question 2, 3 and 4, but mainly I like being an adult covered in s*** all day and still being able to call myself a "professional"
- What's the biggest challenge you've faced to date? Lol... You'll need a full interview on just that, but let's say we are firm believers in Murphy's Law. We live by the great saying from Andy Dwyer on Parks and Rec, "The Show Must Go Wrong" sooo yeah, we have stories
- Has anything surprised you about growing your food business? It's soooooooooo small... Literally everyone knows everyone at a certain point
- What's been the most exciting part of growing your food business? We started this company in an effort to one day meet Beyonce, I believe after 6 years of working hard day in and day out and growing this team, we are closer than ever to finally meeting Queen Bey one day